Fulbright Scholarship

The Fulbright U.S. Student Program is the largest U.S. exchange program offering opportunities for students and young professionals to undertake international graduate study, advanced research, university teaching, and primary and secondary school teaching worldwide. The program currently awards approximately 1,900 grants annually in all fields of study, and operates in more than 140 countries worldwide. 

Fulbright General Information Sessions

  • Tuesday April 4, 4:00-5:00 pm at Center for the Arts Conference Room (Rm 1109)
  • Wednesday April 5, 4:00-5:00 pm at Honors College Forum
  • Thursday April 6, 12:00-1:00 pm on Zoom (Register for Zoom Link)

Fulbright Specific Program Information Session 

  • Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship: Tuesday April 25, 12:30-1:30 pm at TECH 260 (College of Education & Human Sciences)
  • Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship: Wednesday April 26, 12:00-1:00 pm on Zoom  (Register for Zoom Link)
  • Fulbright Study/Research/Creative & Performing Arts: Thursday April 27, 12:00-1:00 pm on Zoom  (Register for Zoom Link)

UNM Deadline - September 6 

Information Sheet | Info Session Slides | Tutorial Videos | Webinars 


  • Applicants must be U.S. citizens at the time of application. Permanent residents are not eligible. 
  • Applicants must have a conferred bachelor's degree or the equivalent before the start of the grant.
  • In the creative and performing arts, four years of professional training and/or experience meets the basic eligibility requirement.
  • Applicants must be in good health. Grantees will be required to submit a satisfactory Medical Certificate from a physician.
  • Applicants must have sufficient proficiency in the written and spoken language of the host country sufficient to communicate with the people and to carry out the proposed study/research. This is especially important for projects in the social sciences and the humanities.
  • Applicants may hold a J.D. at the time of application.
  • Doctors of Medicine may receive grants for advanced academic study, but not for internships or residencies. Scholars with an M.D. degree who have completed their formal postgraduate training and propose attachment to a hospital or clinic for the purpose of independent or collaborative research should apply to the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program through the Council for International Exchange of Scholars, www.cies.org. Grants shall not authorize activity for which a license to practice medicine or nursing is required. The Fulbright Program cannot authorize proposals for medical research that involves clinical training, patient care or patient contact.