About Goldwater Scholarship
Founded in recognition of U.S. Senator Barry M. Goldwater, this scholarship fund seeks to recognize distinguished students in the fields of mathematics, science, and engineering.
The Goldwater trust is a merit award for future American researchers and scientists. Available only to undergraduate students majoring in mathematics, science, or engineering, the Goldwater provides an award of up to $7,500 for the remaining year(s) of undergraduate study.
- Be a sophomore or junior at the time of application;
- Be a U.S. citizen, national/resident alien;
- Have a highly competitive grade point average;
- Obtain institutional nomination;
- Submit UNM Preliminary Application by 10/31.
The Goldwater Scholarship application requires an institutional endorsement. All applicants of the Goldwater Scholarship have to go through the institutional selection process first. The NISF selection committee will review your application and select four nominees from the University of New Mexico.
- Attend the NISF information sessions held in October.
- Submit the UNM Preliminary Online Application (See the sample UNM application) by 11:59 pm, October 31.
- UNM Nominees will be announced mid-November.
- The Scholarship deadline is usually at the end of January.
Tips for Goldwater Application
Application Process Deadlines
|October 31||UNM Preliminary Application Due|
|Late November||UNM Nominees Notified via Email - Start working on Goldwater Online Application|
|Early December||Submit your Pre-Application and confirm your recommenders|
|Mid December||First Draft Due|
|January||Submit non-UNM transcript to CAELD office, Recommendation Letters Due|
|January||Complete and submit your application form|
|Late January (Last Friday in January)||Deadline of Online application|
|Late March||Scholars Announced on their website|