The Marshall Scholarship fund, which exists as a tribute to the Marshall plan, the American program that endeavored in its time to rebuild a stronger Europe, was established to strengthen the ties between the United Kingdom and future American leaders. The fund seeks to reward those students who have demonstrated remarkable promise with the opportunity to study for a graduate degree at world renowned institutions.
Up to 40 scholarships are awarded annually. Recipients may study in any British University, in any academic program that confers a degree. The Marshall allows for two years of fully paid tuition, room and board, a grant for books, travel, and personal expenses. The average award is $31,000 per year.
- Be US citizens
- Have the first undergraduate degree from UNM by the time you start your study in UK
- GPA of not less than 3.7 (or A-) on their undergraduate degree
- Earned the first undergraduate degree after April 2015
- Have not studied for, or hold a degree or equivalent qualification from a British University
- Submit UNM Preliminary Application Form by March 10, 2017.